Sweet potatoes are so delicious. Since we started feeding our daughter solid foods last year, honestly, we haven’t had a white potato in our house. We have been straight sweet potatoin’ it.
As you know I love the steamer, you can make sweet potatoes in under 10 minutes. Since it has been so hot out here in Portland and the days are longer, my man insists on eating a bit later than I like. (I have a pretty strict rules about have my last meal 2 hours before I got to bed). But like I tell my clients, friends and myself 80% of the time eat like a boss and the other 20% eat BBQ with your husband an hour before you go to bed.
Those mornings after I eat late, I find I am not so hungry in the morning. But I know better than to skip breakfast. This super food soup is warming, full of nutrients, spices and protein, a great way to get the day going.
1 1/2 sweet potatoes, cubed & steamed (8 minutes)
1/2 cup raw cashews (soak them if you remember, if not, don’t fret)
2 T maca powder
2 T gogi berries
1 t cumin seeds, take them on a quick trip through your mortal & pestle
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t turmeric
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 ” fresh ginger root, minced
Steam up those sweet potatoes and transfer them into the blender hot, put everything else in, along with up to 2 pints of water (depending on how thick you want it) and blend on high for 2 minutes.
Pour in a mug or bowl and ENJOY the sustainable energy.
Want to learn more about super foods, cleansing and immune boosting? Stop by and check out Boost for some rocking immune building support. OR Spring ahead, for the rest of May is 1/2 off, only $35 for a full on, whole foods cleanse. Get it while you can!